Douglas boys soccer knocks off Fallon
September 8, 2007
The Douglas High boys soccer team showed its depth in a 2-0 win over Fallon on Saturday.
Douglas played the game without three starters, who were out with injuries. Oscar Gonzalez scored off of a direct kick in the first five minutes to give the Tigers a 1-0 lead.
“It was a really, really lovely shot to the left side of the goal,” Douglas coach Milko Vasquez said.
But Douglas needed the outstanding play of goalie Jose Alcaraz to maintain its lead in the first half. Alcaraz made four leaping saves in the first half.
“Jose played exceptionally well in the goal,” Vasquez said. “He definitely kept us in the lead in the first half.”
Eddie Vega took a free kick frol Alcaraz and scored in the second half for Douglas. Defenders Justin Goldade, Brian Jaggard and Ross Gardner all played well. Antoine Van den Vulke, Robbie Forest and Jeff Crozier also played well for the Tigers.
Trending In: Sports
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’