Douglas boys soccer rolls past Manogue
August 29, 2007
The Douglas High boys soccer team continued its hot start, improving to 5-0 with a 4-0 win at Manogue on Wednesday.
Egard Arceo scored off on Eddie Vega’s corner kick and Oscar Gonzalez scored on a rebound off of Jeff Crozier’s shot that deflected off the goalie to give Douglas a 2-0 lead. Crozier then scored on an assist from Ross Gardner to give the Tigers a 3-0 halftime lead.
Gardner scored on an assist by Vega to make it 4-0. Goalie Jose Alcaraz posted his third shutout and defenders Brian Randall, Kyle Gardner and Andrew Andraski all played well as the Tigers held Manogue to just one shot.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature