Douglas boys soccer wins
October 9, 2004
Colten Mellows had a hat trick as the Douglas High boys soccer team improved to 3-4 in the Sierra League with a 4-0 win over North Valleys.
Mellows scored the Tigers first three goals, the last coming on an assist from David Sturgess. Sturgess scored the last goal off of Chase Cohee’s corner kick. Nick Cohee also played well at midfield.
Chris Aguilar and Steve Done went relatively unchallenged at goal in posting the shutout as both combined to make two saves. Douglas (6-5-1) outshot North Valleys 18-7.
DOUGLAS JVS 7, NORTH VALLEYS 0
Kyle Mannschreck scored twice, Josh Vega had a goal and an assist and Michael Barnes, Leo Bravo, Austin Schick and Cody Hines all scored once in the win for the Douglas junior varsity boys soccer team (9-2-1, 5-1-1). Goalie Jose Delgado posted the shutout.
Trending In: Sports
- Seaside, California, man dies while skiing at Lake Tahoe
- Bill would eliminate death penalty in Nevada
- Public Utilities Commission: Nevada doesn’t get advance notice of plutonium shipments
- Revamped Carson City theater holds 2 opening nights
- Apple finishes Reno warehouse, announces Northern Nevada expansion