Douglas football routs Sparks
October 12, 2002
There was no letdown for the Douglas High football team in its 44-6 win over Sparks on Friday at home.
The Tigers, who are 3-0 in the Sierra League, improved to 5-1 overall. Douglas rushed for 402 yards and finished with 472 total yards in the win.
Quarterback Luke Rippee ran for 135 yards on five carries and scored on a 70-yard run that gave Douglas a 28-0 lead. Evan Bill gained 99 yards on 10 carries, A.G. Reed rushed for 95 yards on seven carries and Dusty Cooper gained 56 yards on five carries.
Bell caught a 5-yard scoring pass from Rippee, Reed scored on a 4-yard run and Bill scored on a 9-yard run as Douglas built a 21-0 lead.
In the second half, Rippee scored on a 4-yard run, Cooper scored on a 35-yard run and Andy McIntosh, who also kicked five extra points, finished the scoring with a 30-yard field goal.
Rippee completed 3-of-4 passes for 70 yards. Bell caught two passes for 41 yards and McIntosh caught one pass for 29 yards.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature