Douglas girls tennis defeats Carson
September 20, 2002
DOUGLAS GIRLS 15, CARSON 7.5
The Douglas High girls tennis team improved to 5-0 with its win. Natalie Rogers did win two matches in singles and Jenae Jeppson and Staci Cobler won two matches in doubles for Carson.
Rogers won 6-2, 6-2. Jeppson and Cobler won 6-3 and had an impressive 6-2 win over the Tigers’ Erin Wilson and Sharon Hoogestraat.
For Douglas, Devon and Daphne Bateman won both of their matches in doubles 6-0, 6-1. Melissa Ogelsby won both of her matches in singles 6-2, 6-0, Meredith Fischer won 6-2, 6-1, Elisabeth Coleman won 6-1 and Christina Keegan won 6-3.
In doubles, the Tigers’ Jae Hamsick and Dom Pacheco beat Carson’s Amber Whitworth and Simone Kuckenmeister 6-4, Wilson and Hoogestraat won 6-3 and defeated Carson’s Greta Schnaser and Michelle Van Epps 6-4 and Kristen Valentine and Allison Rosingus defeated Katie Elverum and Whitworth 6-4.
For Carson, Kelsey Joyce won 6-4 in singles and Schnaser and Van Epps won 6-3 in doubles.
Trending In: Sports
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson City lawyer finalist for judicial vacancy
- Carson City sets aside site for affordable housing