Douglas High baseball rallies to beat Wooster in 8 innings
April 25, 2018
Chris Thacker and Jayden Foster delivered RBI hits in the eighth inning as the Douglas Tigers rallied for a 4-2 Northern 4A baseball victory Wednesday afternoon at Greater Nevada Field in Reno.
Douglas (6-11, 8-14) scored once in the top of the seventh to force extra innings then won it in the eighth to move into a tie with Carson for the league's final playoff berth.
Eli Hinojosa pitched six innings, allowed two runs on six hits, and Foster worked the final two innings to earn credit for the win.
In the top of the eighth, Camden Brown drew a leadoff walk, advanced to second on Zach Romero's sacrifice bunt and scored when Thacker lined a 1-1 pitch for a single into right-center. Foster laced a double down the third base line to drive Thacker home to put the Tigers on top, 4-2.
Wooster had taken a 2-1 lead in the fifth inning on Alex Miller's inside-the-park home run.
Douglas tied the score in the seventh when Foster scored on Ayden Murphy's two-out single.
Trending In: Sports
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit