Douglas soccer beats Damonte Ranch
September 14, 2005
David Sturgess scored three goals to help lead the Douglas boys soccer team to a 6-3 win at Damonte Ranch on Wednesday.
Sturgess and Michael Gransbery scored on the first seven minutes to give Douglas a 2-0 lead. Gransbery’s goal came on an assist from Justin Grimm. Martin Rubio scored on a header off of a corner kick from Oscar Gonzalez to give Douglas a 3-1 lead in the first half.
In the second half, Michael Barnes scored on assist from Eddie Vega. Douglas led 4-3 when Sturgess scored the last two goals to put the game away. He scored on assists from Gonzalez and Vega.
Justin Norvell played well defensively and Brian Jaggard played well off the bench for Douglas, which outshot Damonte 16-8.
“We definitely have some mental breakdowns in the back we need to address,” Douglas coach Milko Vasquez said.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature