Douglas soccer impressive in win
September 1, 2004
DOUGLAS 3, REED 1
Mike Gransbery had a goal and an assist as the Douglas boys soccer team picked up an impressive win. David Sturgess scored off of an assist from Gransbery in the eighth minute, Chris Aguilar scored on an assist in the 20th minute and Jared Price assisted on a goal by Gransbery early in the second half as Douglas built a 3-0 lead.
REED 2, DOUGLAS JVS 1
Oscar Gonzalez scored to give the Douglas junior varsity boys soccer team a 1-0 halftime lead, but the Tigers couldn’t hold on. Goalie Jose Alcaraz made a number of saves in the first half to maintain the lead for Douglas.
Trending In: Sports
- Carson High School athletes honored with post-season awards
- Carson City’s Kyrsta Palmer wins U.S. title, off to World Cup
- Girls state track: Carson High’s Pradere wins again
- Fallon Green Wave quashes seventh-inning rally to win Nevada 3A State Softball Championship
- Reno A’s use walks to beat Carson Blue Jays