Douglas soccer settle for tie against Reed
September 6, 2002
DOUGLAS 1, REED 1
A questionable violation was called late in the game against the Douglas boys soccer team, forcing it to settle for a tie. After the violation, Reed scored off of an indirect kick with about seven minutes left in the game.
Trent Hennessy-York scored off of a loose ball in the goal box in the first three minutes of the game to give the Tigers a 1-0 lead. Sean Rahe also had a strong all-around effort and goalie Chase Zumpft had an outstanding game for Douglas. In addition for Douglas, freshman David Sturgess and Chris Honer played well at midfield and sophomore Jared Price played well at sweeper.
REED JVS 2, DOUGLAS 0
Braden Haws and Stephen Stone combined for 12 saves for the Douglas junior varsity boys soccer team in its loss to Reed. Kyle Currence, Kevin Carlson, Justin Norvell and Justin Grimm also played well for Douglas.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Cab driver held for DUI, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says