Douglas softball eliminated
May 13, 2005
DOUGLAS SOFTBALL ELIMINATED
Spanish Springs did its damage in the bottom of the second and that’s all it took Friday afternoon against Douglas High.
Mallary Darby hit a two-run single and closed out the game in relief with five strikeouts to lead the Cougars to a 3-2 victory over Douglas in the Northern 4A Regional Softball Tournament Friday at Carson High School.
Kayla Dunn went 2-for-2 in the game to lead the Tigers.
The Tigers got on the board in the first inning with a Dunn double and Felicia Imelli reached on a two-base error, bringing Dunn around to score.
Jessie Kizer was hit by a pitch to open the fifth inning and Dunn singled to advance Kizer to third, before an errant throw into center field while Dunn was stealing second allowed Kizer to score.
Recommended Stories For You
The Cougars then brought Darby in to pitch, who fanned five of the next six batters she saw, shutting the door on the Tigers’ hopes of pulling off a comeback.
Dunn pitched four and two-thirds innings in relief, striking out four, allowing no hits, no earned runs and no walks.
Kellei Kizer took the loss, wrapping up her season with a 15-6 record.
Douglas wrapped up its season at 25-10 overall.
Trending In: Sports
- Fallon Green Wave quashes seventh-inning rally to win Nevada 3A State Softball Championship
- Carson High’s Pradere going for redemption at state
- Carson High’s Pradere wins 1600, Sierra Lutheran dominates 1A at state track
- Girls state track: Carson High’s Pradere wins again
- Fallon advances to the NIAA 3A softball championship