Douglas volleyball rolls in High Sierra event
September 7, 2007
The Douglas High volleyball team rolled to a 3-0 record on Friday in the High Sierra Tournament.
Douglas beat Roseville, Calif., 25-11, 25-12, Enterprise 25-14, 25-19 and Faith Lutheran 25-12, 25-20.
Against Roseville, Jessica Waggoner had seven blocks and seven kills and Megan Mitchell had two blocks and 14 assists. Against Enterprise, Waggoner had five kills and six blocks, Taryn Williams had six kills and four blocks and Mary Lombino had 14 digs. Against Faith Lutheran, Waggoner had seven kills and 10 blocks and Mitchell had three blocks and 18 assists.
Also forMysta Townsell closed out 4 games in a row with a total of 20 service points.
Taryn Williams and Jourdan Burke as outside hitters combined for 27 kills. Allie Hughes added 22 assists. Mitchell combined had 39 assists for the evening. Jordan Marsh helped her team with aggressive serving and defense. Bridget Maestretti and Mel Brown added outstanding net play and serving.
Christine DuPuis came in to assist the team with solid hitting.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature