Duncan named WAC coach of the year
April 27, 2002
University of Nevada’s Tom Duncan was named the Western Athletic Conference’s coach of the year after the WAC men’s golf championships on Friday.
Nevada finished fifth in the WAC Championships in Turtle Bay, Hawaii. Mike Haack finished 12th in the individual standings for the Wolf Pack.
Tulsa won the team title (16-under-par 848) finished five strokes ahead of UTEP. Fresno State (855) took third, SMU placed fourth (862) placed fourth and Nevada was 24 strokes back with an 8-over 872.
Also competing for Nevada were Ian Hagen (291, 17th), Cullen Brasfield and Carlos Concha (both at 220, 21st) and Sprague Kolp (230, 45th).
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Cab driver held for DUI, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says