Fallon Fights about to begin
August 8, 2017
The 10th annual Fallon Fights is right around the corner.
The fights kick off Saturday in the main arena of the Churchill County Fairgrounds. The fairgrounds' gates open at 6 p.m. and the first fight begins at 7 p.m.
Last year's event had seven bouts. The organizers hope to have at least as many this year, but could not confirm how many there would be.
The co-main event will be Gabe Flores, Jr. of Stockton, Calif. and the main event will be Reno's Oscar "Chapito" Vasquez. Neither fighter had a confirmed opponent at the time of writing.
General admission costs $20 pre-ordered and $25 at the gate; military personnel cost $15. Arena floor seats cost $30 preordered, $35 at the gate and $25 for military.
This marks the 120th year of boxing in Nevada. Bouts were originally held in mining camps or out front of a casino in Gardnerville. In 2008, the first Fallon Fights was held and, in 2014, it transitioned to professional boxing.
Recommended Stories For You
This year there will be no broadcast of the fights.
Trending In: Sports
- Amid cheers, Fallon City Council bans recreational cannabis in 3-0 vote
- Man arrested on 11 counts of sexual assault, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Grouchy’s barbershop serves more than 500 customers in first 2 months
- Man injured in Carson City rollover crash
- Crews fighting to prevent Washoe Dam collapse