Fallon soccer falls to Highlanders
October 5, 2017
The Greenwave soccer team traveled to Incline Village over the weekend, coming away with a 8-2 loss.
Fallon coach Nate Toigo said they played hard each half, but lost focus and allowed the Highlanders through the defense. The coach said Incline continually won possession in the midfield and denied Fallon the ball. Fallon's defense, however, was strong and goalkeeper Cesar Molina kept the ball out of the net.
"Cesar did an amazing job in goal," Toigo said.
The Greenwave offense was able to break through to take shots on the goal. Bryan Ugalde scored on a penalty kick in the first half, then Adan Ugalde shot a goal in during the second.
Fallon played North Tahoe on Wednesday for a 9-0 loss; further stats were not available. The Greenwave travels to play Lowry Oct. 11; the match starts at 4 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Historic Jack’s Bar in Carson City sells; Nevada Builders Alliance purchases landmark for $300,000
- Darrell Moody: NIAA gets Wooden Nickel for treatment of Dayton
- Wild fire burning in Pinon and Upper Colony area of Lyon County
- Powlison claims Carson City Off-Road 50-miler
- Carson City Off-Road Notebook: Mazza’s change in sports pays off