Fallon’s Kelvin Cann finishes 5th at state
May 17, 2018
The northern region had difficulty topping its southern counterpart in Tuesday's state golf tournament at Mountain Falls Golf Club in Pahrump.
Boulder City won the team title by one stroke over Spring Creek (643-644) while Fallon's Kelvin Cann took fifth.
Cann, a senior, led Fallon with a fifth-place finish, the second-best from the north, as Western's Jared Smith took home individual honors. He shot a two-day score of 142, followed by Boulder City's Jackson Wright, 151. Boulder City's Blake Schaper, Spring Creek's Daniel Mahlke and Cann tied for third at 152 but Schaper won the tiebreaker.
Teammate and senior Chance Wood finished tied for 28th with a two-day score of 178.
Cann got off to a rocky start on the first day, shooting a 77, six strokes behind the leader, but he cut his second-day score by two. Wood, though, went up from 86 to 92.
Trending In: Sports
- A football game for the ages: Fallon, Truckee battle for 3A supremacy
- Battle Born Memorial damaged by teens on bikes, scooters
- Felony drug arrest at hardware store, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Supervisors reinstate traffic enforcement program
- Ignition interlock now required for all Nevada DUI arrests