Fernley baseball keeps pace with victory
April 25, 2002
The Fernley baseball team kept pace in the race for third in the Northern 3A division with a 9-1 win over Yerington on Wednesday.
Matt Lambeth, Brian Reeder and Andy Rupley all combined on the win for the Vaqueros, who imporved to 8-4 in league play. Fernley is battling Spring Creek and Truckee for third in the standings.
Lambeth allowed one run through two innings while striking out three and walking none, Reeder struck out three through three innings and Rupley didn’t allow any hits and struck out two through two innings.
Rupley, Lambeth and Reeder all had two hits while Ricky Lopez went 1-for-1 and Tim Hines and Derek Henry each added hits for Fernley. Michael Lanzino went 3-for-4, Josh Farler went 2-for-4 and Howie Singer went 1-for-3 for Yerington.
The Lions scored in the top of the first inning, but Fernley answered with three runs in each of the first three innings.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature