Fernley baseball sweeps doubleheader from Dayton
April 28, 2002
The Fernley High baseball swept a doubleheader from Dayton to keep pace in its effort to finish in the top three in the Northern 3A regular season race.
Fernley won the opener 18-8 and the nightcap 14-4 to improve to 10-4 in league play. Brian Reeder had a huge day for the Vaqueros, going 7-for-8 in the two games.
In the opener, Reeder was 4-for-5 and Matt Lambeth homered twice with five RBIs. Cody Wagner was the winning pitcher. Tim Torres went 3-for-4 for Dayton.
Reeder went 3-for-3 and Tim Hines went 2-for-4 with a double, home run and three RBIs for Fernley in the nightcap. Lambeth was the winning pitcher. Matt Bowman and Matt Sumsion each had two hits for the Dust Devils.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Cab driver held for DUI, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says