Fischer just misses national qualifying time
July 27, 2002
Evan Fischer, a 2000 Carson High graduate, just missed qualifying for the United States Swimming Championships at a regional meet.
Fischer placed 11th in in the 200-meter individual medley on the first day of competition at the United States Swimming Speedo Regional Championships at Auburn, Ala.
The event is one of the fastest regionals in the country. Fischer, swiming for the University of Tennessee, qualified for the consolation finals in two minutes, 10.81 seconds. In the finals, he finished in 2:09.04, just .65 of a second off of the national championship qualifying standard.
“I was just a little too slow on the butterfly leg of the race,” Fischer said. “I was pleased that my time was my best, but disappointed to just miss the national cut. I still have three more races at this championship and I am looking forward to my 200 meter breaststroke.”
The meet concludes on Sunday.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature