Fischer strong for Tennessee swimming
November 24, 2002
Evan Fischer, a 2000 Carson High graduate, placed in the top 16 in three events for the University of Tennessee men’s swim team at the Nike Cup Championships in Chapel Hill, N.C.
Fischer, a junior, swam to his fastest finish in the 200-yard individual medley, playing seventh in one minute, 52.22 seconds. Fischer also placed 16th in the 400 I.M. (4:04.79) and 14th in the 100 breaststroke (57.22). Fischer competed in the 200 breaststroke as well.
The meet included North Carolina, LSU, Virginia Tech, Kentucky, North Carolina State, Syracuse and East Carolina. Tennessee is ranked No. 9 in the nation.
Tennessee coach John Trembley said he was happy with Fischer’s performance.
“Our coaching staff has been working the kids really hard in practice and to have a personal best this early in the season gives us great promise for Fischer at this year’s SEC Championships,” Trembley said.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature