Four WNC soccer players honored
November 2, 2007
Western Nevada College’s soccer team is well represented on the 2007 Scenic West Athletic Conference All-Region Team.
Alexia Balmaseda, Kim Duke, Jordan Forman and two-year captain Meghan Olsen were selected to the team. Balmaseda also received an All-American nomination.
Balmaseda played forward and midfield and led the Wildcats in assists (three) and points (19), and was tied for the lead in goals with eight. She finished with 24 shots and played in all 17 games. Forward/midfielder Forman tied Balmaseda for the team lead in goals (eight) and led WNC in shots (39). She had 16 points, which ranked second on the team.
Defenders Olsen and Duke were selected for their strong defensive play. Olsen finished with one goal, two points, and 12 shots. Duke ended the season with two goals, two assists, six points, and five shots.
The Wildcats reached the SWAC Region XVIII Championship game and ended their third season with a 9-6-2 record. Highlights included a close 1-0 loss to one of California’s top teams, Grossmont Community College, and a win over Cisco (Texas) College, which was ranked No. 12 in the nation.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- 4 Northwest Nevada solar projects proposed