Galena boys hoops lose a heartbreaker
December 14, 2002
The Galena High boys basketball team sustained a heartbreaking loss on Friday at home, losing to Jefferson of Daly City, Calif. 50-49.
Jefferson scored the game-winner with four seconds left. Derrik Lorenzen had scored with 17 seconds left to give the Grizzlies a 49-48 lead.
Galena was hurt by turnovers, finishing with 22 turnovers, including 15 in the first half. Lorenzen scored 12 points and Dalton Turnbow and Tommy Myers each scored 10 points for the Grizzlies.
Trending In: Sports
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson City lawyer finalist for judicial vacancy
- Carson City sets aside site for affordable housing