Galena boys rout Caldwell
December 10, 2005
The Galena High boys basketball team tuned up for a tough stretch over the next month with a 60-37 win over Caldwell, Idaho, on Saturday at home.
Galena was coming off of an 80-41 win over Jefferson of South San Francisco. “It was a good weekend to gain some confidence for this week,” Galena coach Tom Maurer said.
The Grizzlies will host the George Maldonado Classic this week in a tournament that will feature top teams from across the country. Galena will open at 6:10 p.m. Wednesday against Santa Rita of Tucson, Ariz. That will begin a stretch in which the Grizzlies will play 14 games in 30 days.
Against Caldwell, Luke Babbitt scored 12 of his 25 points in the first quarter as Galena jumped out to a 21-9 lead. “Luke Babbitt played very well,” Maurer said.
Galena led 33-19 at halftime and 48-30 after three quarters. Eric Maupin added seven points for Galena. “He played really good defense,” Maurer said.
Point guard J.D. Peters contributed eight points. “He did a great job taking care of the ball,” Maurer said. “We’re starting to see some people step up to the plate.”
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature