Galena hoops falls to Hart
December 22, 2002
The Galena High boys basketball team continued its brutal schedule with a 65-46 loss to Hart of the Los Angeles area on Saturday at the Holiday Prep Classic in Las Vegas.
Galena was able to stay with Hart for a half as it trailed 25-20 at halftime. Hart, a Southern Section power, improved to 10-2.
“This is probably one of the better teams we played and we’ve played a helluva preseason schedule,” Galena coach Tom Maurer said. “They’re a very good team.
“It was a physical game. We played a great first half, but the turnovers cost us in the second half. I was really happy with the first half.”
Tommy Myers scored 13 points and Sheldon Hutchins added 10 points for the Grizzlies.
Things don’t get any easier for Galena, which opens on Thursday against California state power Bishop O’Dowd of the Bay Area in a tournament in San Diego. “I’m being a psychologist with my kids,” Maurer said.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Cab driver held for DUI, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’