Galena volleyball still perfect in league
October 7, 2004
Galena High remained perfect in High Desert League volleyball with a straight set win against Spanish Springs Thursday in Sparks.
The balanced Grizzlies won 25-17, 25-17, 25-14 behind a balanced attack.
Michelle Drury and Julia Mailander each had six kills, while Chelsea Appelbaum, Jenny Burrows and Kaitlyn Zuppan contributed four apiece. Burrows and Zuppan also had four blocks each at the net.
Julia Mailander was also credited with eight digs as part of a solid all-around performance for the Grizzlies. Lydia Mailander, Whitney Garol and Michelle Drury added six digs each and Appelbaum five.
Setter Talia McCann handed out 15 assists to go with three blocks.
Julia and Lydia Mailander had two service aces each, as did Appelbaum and Kelly Drury.
Recommended Stories For You
By winning, the Grizzlies improved their record to 8-0 in league and 30-5 overall for the season. They play host to Bishop Manogue next Tuesday.
Trending In: Sports
- Joe Santoro: Muss has dickens of a time with great expectations
- No. 7 Nevada wins 10th straight behind Porter’s 14 points
- Roger Diez: Here’s the skinny on Sunday’s race
- Mountain West Rankings: Nevada Wolf Pack men’s basketball team still rolling
- Marchegger named Gatorade runner of the year, signs with Pack