Galena’s Tolotti signs with Cardinals
June 15, 2002
Galena High graduate Jeff Tolotti has signed with the St. Louis Cardinals.
Tolotti, who just completed his senior season with the University of Nevada, was assigned to the Cardinals Rookie League club, the Johnson City (Tenn.) Cardinals. Johnson City will open its season on Tuesday against the Elizabethton Twins. Tolotti, was the 1,182nd overall pick in the Major League draft, taken in the 39th round by the Cardinals.
A 6-0, 200-pound left-handed outfielder, Tolotti returned to Reno where to play his senior season for the Wolf Pack. He transferred to Nevada after playing the 2001 season at the University of Kentucky. As a senior for the Wolf Pack he hit .311 (46-118) with eight home runs and 26 RBI.
Tolotti played in 46 games, starting 34. He had six doubles, a triple and scored 30 runs. The Major League scouting report stated the following about Tolotti:
“Good, solid body, similar to Troy O’Leary. Strong hands and wrists. Good, quick hands and wrists with top-hand turnover on follow-through. Puts ball in play with line drive power up the alleys. Comes to play.”
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Cab driver held for DUI, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’