Golfer ‘Rigg’ in a new truck
August 9, 2005
Mike Riggs picked the right time to shoot the first hole-in-one of his life recently at the Dayton Chamber of Commerce Golf Tournament at Dayton Valley Country Club.
The Carson City man fired his ace on the 165-yard 13th hole and his reward was a 2005 Chevy Silverado pickup courtesy of Valley Chevrolet. Riggs was playing with Mark Jensen, Bill Hissam and Mary Byran when he shot his ace. “It was a straight shot,” Riggs said. “To me it looked like it fell short.”
But then Riggs’ playing partners did their best Bill Murray impersonation from “Caddyshack.”
“They all yelled, ‘it’s in the hole, it’s in the hole,'” Riggs said. “I thought they were joking with me first.”
Riggs was also a quick study. He watched a couple of his players try to use a 5-iron against a head wind. So Riggs used a 4-iron and fired his ace. “We just couldn’t believe it,” he said.
Trending In: Sports
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson City lawyer finalist for judicial vacancy