Greenwave golf takes second, third in midweek tournaments
April 25, 2017
The Greenwave golf team played well in its matches in Spring Creek and Elko last week, taking second and third place respectively.
The team scored 437 in Elko, taking third place. Kelvin Cann shot a score of 82 and Raymond Plasse scored 83 taking fourth place. Cann said they had trouble during the match and did not do as well as they could have.
He said putting "was their downfall" and led to too many strokes to finish a hole.
In the 3A League, the Greenwave holds second place, behind Spring Creek. According to Cann three Fallon golfers, Cann, Plasse and Chance Wood, are among the top 10 in the league.
The Greenwave golf team goes to Genoa May 3 for the Truckee tournament. The next day they travel to Edgewood at Stateline for another match. Cann noted the Edgewood tournament would not be for scores and was just for fun.
During practices leading up to the Genoa tournament, the team will be working on their short game. Coach Richard Evans has noted improvements to putting and short strokes are always welcome.
Recommended Stories For You
"You can't ever work too much on that, that's your life," Cann said.
Trending In: Sports
- Nevada Wolf Pack Notes: Cody Martin more than an afterthought
- Nevada Wolf Pack tops Texas; Sunday game time set
- Nevada Notes: Musselman apologizes for language on live TV
- Nevada Wolf Pack-Cincinnati pits good ‘O’ against good ‘D’
- Nevada Wolf Pack basketball: South Regional in shambles after Pack’s comeback