Grizzlies go 0-1-1 in ice hockey
October 17, 2007
The Tahoe Grizzlies NorCal Pee Wee Travel ice hockey team faced the San Francisco Sabercats went 0-1-1 over the weekend at South Tahoe, losing on Saturday 8-4 and tying on Sunday 3-3.
On Saturday, Carson City’s D.J. Freeman had two goals and two assists. Gardnervill’s Heath Sunseri and Reno’s Daniel Pearson added a goal. The Grizzlies also received solid play from Carson City’s Matt Premo and South Tahoe’s Riley Budd. Goalie Jacob Gordon of Minden stopped 21 shots.
On Sunday, the Grizzlies got on the scoreboard early with a goal from Sunseri. Virginia City’s Conner Bills scored at the close of the first period. Pearson concluded the scoring with a third period goal. Solid play was provided by Carson City’s T.J. Olsen, Freeeman and Premo. Gordon stopped 25 shots.
The Grizzlies still need 11 and 12 year old hockey players for NorCal travel hockey. If interested, call Christiann Gordon, (775) 881-8223. The regular season will begin in November. The travel team will travel one weekend a month and have home games one weekend a month.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand