Grizzlies Pee Wee ice hockey loses twice
December 11, 2007
The Tahoe Grizzlies Pee Wee ice hockey team lost a pair of games to the Santa Clara Blackhawks this past weekend, losing 13-3 on Saturday and 14-2 on Sunday.
On Saturday, the Blackhawks took a 2-0 lead before Carson City’s D.J. Freeman scored for the Grizzlies. Later in the period, Carson City’s T.J. Olson scored to pull the Grizzlies to within 3-2 at the end of the first period.
But then Santa Clara scored 10 unanswered goals before South Tahoe’s Tyler Dill scored in the third period. The Grizzlies received solid play from South Tahoe players Randy Hutton, Dill, Luke Weinberg, Carson City’s Freeman, Olson and Matt Premo, Gardnerville’s Heath Sunseri and Minden’s Jacob Gordon, who had 25 saves at goalie.
On Sunday, the Grizzlies came out physical with Dill and Olson before the Blackhawks took control. Gordon stopped 20 shots and South Tahoe’s Shane Whitt also played well at goalie, stopping 15 shots in his first ever game at goal.
The Grizzlies will play the San Jose Junior Sharks in San Jose this Saturday and the San Francisco Spiders on Sunday in San Francisco. The Grizzlies will then receive a break before playing again in January.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand