Hart chosen for NFL summit
May 29, 2002
Fernley High athletic director Dave Hart has been chosen to participate in a summit on youth and high school football sponsored by the National Football League.
Hart, who is also Fernley’s football coach, will participate in the summit to be held Aug. 1-3 in Canton, Ohio. During that weekend, Hart will be able to tour the Pro Football Hall of Fame and watch the Hall of Fame induction ceremonies.
Hart said he didn’t know the specifics of what the summit will cover, but said it would deal with how the NFL could promote and keep youth and high school football going in this country.
“I’m not sure exactly what it entails,” Hart said. “It’s quite an honor and opportunity so I’m excited about it.”
Trending In: Sports
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson City lawyer finalist for judicial vacancy