Henry, Winter combine on one-hitter for Cardinals
June 2, 2002
Ryan Henry and Carl Winter combined on a one-hit shutout as the Carson Cardinals 18 and under baseball team salvaged a split of a doubleheader on Saturday at Fallon.
Henry allowed just an infield single and struck out nine through six innings as Carson beat Fallon 8-0 in the nightcap. Winter pitched a hitless seventh and was also 2-for-3. Matt Bowman went 3-for-3 and Tony Teixeira had an RBI double for Carson.
In the opener, Carson led 4-1, but Fallon scored six runs in the sixth to come back for a 6-4 win. Winter was 2-for-2 with two RBIs and Matt James had an RBI triple for the Cardinals.
Carson was originally scheduled to play in a doubleheader today, but those games have been canceled. The Cardinals next games will be a doubleheader at 11 a.m. Saturday, June 15 against the Solano (Calif.) Blue Jays at Carson High’s junior varsity field.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Cab driver held for DUI, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says