It’s on! Gilbert and Brinkley to meet in December in Reno
August 14, 2008
Northern Nevada fight fans can finally rejoice. Two days after Reno middleweight Joey Gilbert, the Nevada State Athletic Commission and the Nevada Attorney General’s Office reached an amended stipulated agreement that will allow the 32-year-old Gilbert to return to the ring anytime following Sept. 21, Gilbert called out Yerington’s Jesse Brinkley.
Brinkley, who is coming off a 12-round decision over Jason Naugler on June 13, said he has accepted the challenge of Gilbert, 15-1 with 11 knockouts and one no-contest.
According to the 31-year-old Brinkley, 31-1 (21), the two rivals, who both rose to international acclaim on the NBC reality show “The Contender,” will meet sometime between Dec. 6-12, in Reno.
Trending In: Sports
- Fallon Green Wave quashes seventh-inning rally to win Nevada 3A State Softball Championship
- Girls state track: Carson High’s Pradere wins again
- Carson High’s Pradere wins 1600, Sierra Lutheran dominates 1A at state track
- State track: Sierra Lutheran boys 2nd
- Fallon advances to the NIAA 3A softball championship