Jim Frank Cross Country Classic today
September 6, 2002
Middle school and open runners will compete today when the Jim Frank Cross Country Classic is held at Spooner Lake State Park.
The event starts at 3 p.m. with the 6th, 7th and 8th grade Tah-Neva League middle school races. An open run and walk for men and women will be held on a 2.2-mile loop around Spooner Lake at 5 p.m. The 7th and 8th graders will run the same 2.2-mile course.
The top seven finishers in the men’s and women’s open races and the top three in the walk will receive awards. Winners of the open men and women’s races will receive Brooks shoes.
Registration will be taken today — $15 for entries under-18 and $20 for adults. Proceeds go to benefit the Carson Middle School cross country team.
Also on Saturday, America’s Most Beautiful Relay and Ultra Run will be held around Lake Tahoe. The 72-mile ultra run starts at 5 a.m. from the South Lake Tahoe “Y” and the relay race starts at 7 a.m.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature