Junior Midget Blues win fourth straight
October 11, 2002
The Carson Junior Midget Blue Pop Warner football team won its fourth straight game with a 27-6 victory over Carson Silver.
Carson Blue used a strong running game and timely passing for the win.
Ryan Eichenberger opened the scoring for Carson Blue with a 2-yard quarterback keeper. Carson Blue then needed just three plays to go 67 yards, with Robbie Bozin scoring from 29 yards out.
Carson Blue used two long drives in the second half to put the game out of reach. First, Bozin scored and Phillip Maier added the extra point and then Maier scored with Bozin added the extra point. Carson Silver scored on a long touchdown pass for the final margin.
Bozin and Maier both rushed for more than 100 yards behind the blocking of Isaac Holt, Adam Carmazzi, Brandon Letizia, Dylan Hills, Nic Cutunilli, Daniel Feagan, Hunter Santillo, Christian Cattell and Brian Halverson.
Carson Blue’s defense limited Carson Silver to less than 60 yards rushing. Five players had tackles for loss and Carmazzi and Rusty Rogers had quarterback sacks. Matt Kiser, Maier, Eichenberger, J.J. Demuth, Tyler Devall, Trae Tuttle, Carmazzi, Bozin, Feagan, Levi Taylor, Rogers, Matt Barnes and Letizia all played well defensively.
Trending In: Sports
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’