Junior Pee Wee Silver football team wins
September 29, 2005
The Carson Senators Junior Pee Wee Silver football team beat the Reno Jets 7-0 last Friday to improve to 3-0.
Henry Huffman scored on a touchdown run in the first quarter for the game’s only score. Sam Blei, Nevil Elliott, Logan Krupp, Andrew Guitterez and D.J. Parker all helped lead the running attack as well.
Paving the way was the offensive line of Cameron Arnold, Andrew Cooper, Christopher Lopez, Dalton Butler, Cory Wilson, Jay Miligan, Daniel Bacon, Daniel Bridges, Caden Mitchell and Erich Slabaugh.
Sage Smith was among the leading tacklers for the defense. Brandon Akers also had a takeaway and Willy McDonald had five tackles and several assists. Others who played well defensively were Tommie Champion, Alec Donner, Mikel Hafeman, Zachary Kind, Gunner Harper, Austin Kiesow, Kurtis Scull, Jose Galindo, Michael Samii, Ricky Streight, Anthony Gonzales, Dustin Garza and Nathan White.
Rodney Calhoun also averaged 43 yards on two kickoff returns. Carson next plays at 1 p.m. Saturday against Feather River in Portola, Calif.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand