Junior Pee Wees roll past South Tahoe
October 18, 2007
The Carson City Junior Pee Wee Senators offense passed and ran at will in a 30-6 win over the South Lake Tahoe Vikings last Friday.
Walker Plaut had several long runs to set up scores by Josiah Pongasi, who rushed for two five-yard touchdowns. The offensive blocking was led by Josh Breem, Jaremiah Abbott, Asa Carter, Cole Catlin, Jesse Garcia, Mason Harmon, Logan Menzel, Brady O’Keefe, Jonathan Kondor and Jonas Papez.
In the second half, South Tahoe ran a kickoff back for a score. Not to be outdone, Pongasi took a kickoff and sprinted 65 yards for a touchdown. Quarterback Colby Brown completed several passes to Robert Carmazzi, including a 20 yarder to the goal line. Kenny Frank took the next hand off and rumbled into the end zone for the score. For the second week in a row, Nicholos Mohlenkamp dashed to the end zone this time for a 32 yard touchdown.
The defense was led by Nolan Shine, Kyle Sharp, Kaleb Wold, Plaut and Pongasi, Jacob Herzing, Brandon Maffei, Samuel Mercado, Christian Tercero, Zachary Carrubba, Kye Catlin, Sabian Harting, Caden Lehman, Zachary Mills, Corey Reid and Cody Toreson.
“We started off slow but we put it together in the second half,” coach Delbert Bugg said.
The Junior Pee Wees play against at 8 p.m. tonight at Governor’s Field.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature