Junior Wildcats take second again
June 4, 2007
The Western Nevada Junior Wildcats 13 and under baseball team made it to the finals of an USSSA Tournament for the second straight week, taking second at a tournament in Elk Grove, Calif., over the weekend.
The Wildcats beat the California Sting 17-0 behind the pitching of Nick Domitrovich and Austin Pacheco. The team then beat the East Bay Rockhouds 6-2 in the semifinals before losing to the San Jose Bruins in the finals. Brock Pradere and Chance Quilling played outstanding defense for the Wildcats.
Dylan Sawyers and Colby Blueberg were among the leading hitters and both were named to the all-tournament team. Domintrovich was also named to the all-tournament team as a pitcher.
Trending In: Sports
- Carson High School athletes honored with post-season awards
- Carson City’s Kyrsta Palmer wins U.S. title, off to World Cup
- Reno A’s use walks to beat Carson Blue Jays
- Darrell Moody: Former Dayton star wins JC national title in decathlon
- Relay team breaks school record — again — to finish 2nd at state meet