Kemp up for Wooden Award
October 24, 2007
Nevada senior guard Marcelus Kemp has been named one of the top 50 preseason candidates for the 2007-08 John R. Wooden Award, the nation’s most coveted college basketball award. The preseason candidates were announced today by the Los Angeles Athletic Club’s Wooden Award Committee.
A 2007 first-team All-Western Athletic Conference selection, Kemp ranked second on the team and third in the conference in scoring last season at 18.5 points per game. He started 33 of 34 games for the Wolf Pack and ranked among the league’s leaders in field goal, three-point and free throw shooting one season ago. Kemp has started 51 of 101 games in his Wolf Pack career and ranks in the Nevada career top 10 for scoring, three-pointers made, three-point percentage and free throw percentage.
Trending In: Sports
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit