Kop named to Honor Society
May 4, 2005
Carson High graduate Allison Kop has earned a place in the St. Mary’s College Honor Society as a junior.
Kop is also a member of the school’s women’s soccer team in Moraga, Calif., which competes at the Division I level. Kop, an English major, carries a 3.8 grade point average and plans to attend law school.
Only the top five percent of the school’s juniors earn a spot in the honor society and the criteria for juniors to be named to the honor society is more difficult than seniors. The ceremony in which Kop was named to the honor society was held last month.
Last season, Kop was also a part-time starter and received a considerable amount of playing time as a defender with the women’s soccer team. This season, she’s expected to be a full-time starter and one of the team’s leaders.
Trending In: Sports
- Carson High School athletes honored with post-season awards
- Carson City’s Kyrsta Palmer wins U.S. title, off to World Cup
- Girls state track: Carson High’s Pradere wins again
- Fallon Green Wave quashes seventh-inning rally to win Nevada 3A State Softball Championship
- Reno A’s use walks to beat Carson Blue Jays