Lamborn, Bozin earn All-American honors
April 18, 2003
Eagle Valley Middle School students Travis Lamborn and Robbie Bozin earned All-American honors at the Middle School Wrestling National Championships in Virginia.
Both students competed in the seventh-eighth grade division.
Lamborn placed third at 130 pounds. His only loss came to eventual national champion Henry Miller of West Virginia. Bozin took seventh at 105, winning his last match against Ronald Jones of Virginia.
“I am pleased to have both my wrestlers place at the national tournament,” said their coach, Branden Lamborn.
Lamborn and Bozin said the competition was tough and that the weight brackets were stacked with outstanding wrestlers.
“This is one of the toughest tournaments I have ever competed in,” Lamborn said.
Trending In: Sports
- Girls state track: Carson High’s Pradere wins again
- Fallon Green Wave quashes seventh-inning rally to win Nevada 3A State Softball Championship
- State track: Sierra Lutheran boys 2nd
- Carson City’s Kyrsta Palmer wins U.S. title, off to World Cup
- Prep Roundup: Douglas High softball falls in state title game