Lent selected as chairman
August 27, 2008
According to the Nevada Department of Wildlife, Reno resident Gerry Lent, one of four newly appointed members of the Nevada Board of Wildlife Commissioners, has been selected by fellow commissioners to serve as the board’s chair for fiscal year 2009.
Commissioner Ron Lurie, the former mayor of Las Vegas, was selected as vice chair for the same term.
The selection process took place during the Aug. 15-16 meeting of the commission in Eureka, Nevada.
Gov. Jim Gibbons recently appointed Lent as a sportsmen’s representative to the nine-member board.
Other new wildlife commission board members who were appointed include Grant Wallace of Dyer, representing farming interests, Michael McBeath of Las Vegas, representing sportsmen, and Thomas Cavin of Carson City, representing sportsmen.
Trending In: Sports
- Girls state track: Carson High’s Pradere wins again
- Fallon Green Wave quashes seventh-inning rally to win Nevada 3A State Softball Championship
- State track: Sierra Lutheran boys 2nd
- Carson City’s Kyrsta Palmer wins U.S. title, off to World Cup
- Prep Roundup: Douglas High softball falls in state title game