Lidge, Ibanez, Eyre scheduled for surgery
November 8, 2009
PHILADELPHIA (AP) – Phillies closer Brad Lidge will have surgery on his right elbow on Wednesday.
Lidge is scheduled to have a loose body removed and Dr. Michael Ciccotti also will evaluate his right flexor/pronator tendon.
General manager Ruben Amaro Jr. also announced Saturday night that outfielder Raul Ibanez and reliever Scott Eyre will have surgery on Monday. Dr. Bill Meyers will repair Ibanez’s sports hernia and Ciccotti will remove loose bodies from Eyre’s left elbow.
Lidge led the majors with 11 blown saves this season but was better in the playoffs as the Phillies reached the World Series before losing to the Yankees in six games. Ibanez hit a career-high 34 homers in his first season with Philadelphia. Eyre had a 1.50 ERA in 42 games.
Trending In: Sports
- Fallon Green Wave quashes seventh-inning rally to win Nevada 3A State Softball Championship
- Carson High’s Pradere going for redemption at state
- Carson High’s Pradere wins 1600, Sierra Lutheran dominates 1A at state track
- Girls state track: Carson High’s Pradere wins again
- Fallon advances to the NIAA 3A softball championship