Local sports briefs
November 28, 2008
CHS frosh boys basketball wins
The Carson High freshmen basketball team opened is season by beating Fernley 61-27 on Friday in the Fallon Optimist Tournament.
Carson advanced to today’s championship game. Max Keller scored 17 points, Ty Keefer had 12 points, Drew Moreland had nine points, Ben Drozdoff and Nate Brown each had six points, Clint Page had four poins and Geoff Taylor added two points and four steals for Carson.
Elks Lodge free throw event Dec. 6
Carson City Elks Lodge No. 2177 will hold its annual free throw contest on December 6.
Sign-ups begin at 9 a.m. and competition begins at 10 a.m. The contest is open to all boys and girls ages 8 through 13.
Recommended Stories For You
A parent or guardian should accompany the child/children to verify age. The event will be held at Carson Middle School.
Awards will be presented at the Elks Lodge at 515 N. Nevada Street following the contest. For more information, call Ron Buder at (775) 882-8868.
Trending In: Sports
- Girls state track: Carson High’s Pradere wins again
- Fallon Green Wave quashes seventh-inning rally to win Nevada 3A State Softball Championship
- State track: Sierra Lutheran boys 2nd
- Carson City’s Kyrsta Palmer wins U.S. title, off to World Cup
- Prep Roundup: Douglas High softball falls in state title game