Locals strong in mountain bike event
June 5, 2002
Many local riders stood out in the Nevada State High School Mountain Bike Championships held this past weekend at Reno’s Hidden Valley Regional Park.
Galena High’s Dave Hamel and Chase Huston placed second and third, respectively to help Galena win the team title with 10 points. Fernley placed second with 17 points and Carson took third with 29 points.
Hamel finished the 15.5-mile course in 1 hour, 4 minutes, 27 seconds while Huston finished in 1.05:41.
Fernley had three riders in the top seven: Ethan Christenson (fourth), Lyndsey Rex (sixth) and Brandon Cox (seventh). Nike Echevarria also placed fifth for Galena.
For Carson, Zachary Walker took eighth and Justin Chiazza placed ninth. Rounding out the top finishers were Fernley’s James Maldonado (10th) and Danny Knoll (11th) and Carson’s Cameron Leck (12th).
Trending In: Sports
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson City lawyer finalist for judicial vacancy