Lockwood, Alferitz fire aces
May 24, 2005
Paul Lockwood started his day off on the right foot during the Carson Valley Men’s Club weekly tournament Sunday at the at the Carson Valley Golf Course in Gardnerville.
That is, the Minden man shot his first hole-in-one – with a little help from nature.
Lockwood used an 8-iron for his shot on the 117-yard par-3 hole, a shot that aided when it grazed a tree branch on the way to the hole.
The shot was witnessed by Ray Gardiol, Randy Webster and Jesse Hale.
George Alferitz shot a hole-in-one Monday on the eighth hole on the Comstock Course at Empire Ranch Golf Course.
Recommended Stories For You
Alferitz used a 6-iron for his shot on the 178-yard, par-3 hole.
The shot was witnessed by Jim Bestick, Maureen Bestick and Tom Guebe.
Trending In: Sports
- Cardoza pleads guilty to second-degree murder in 2013 Carson City case
- Chicago-flavor restaurant coming to Carson City
- NV Energy CEO criticizes Energy Choice amendment
- 2018 Primary Election guide: Justice of the Supreme Court, Seat C
- Arrest for using cell phone while driving, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office