Martensen sparks Carson Blue Jays past Spanish Springs
June 1, 2018
Casey Martensen drove in three runs to lead the Carson Blue Jays to a 5-2 win over the Spanish Springs Bandits on Friday night at Ron McNutt Field.
Carson, by virtue of its fifth straight win, improved to 7-3. The Blue Jays host Reno on Saturday in a doubleheader starting at 11 a.m.
Martensen gave the Blue Jays a 1-0 lead in the first, and after Spanish Springs went ahead 2-1, Kahle Good walked with the bases loaded, tying the game at 2 after four.
In the bottom of the sixth, Randy Herrera reached on an error and Kenny Aydelott walked. Both runners moved up a base on a sacrifice bunt by Kobe Morgan. After Good walked to load the bases, Josh Buchan popped out. Delsin Roberts was hit by a pitch to force in a run, and Martensen followed with his second run-scoring hit of the game.
Max Fontaine picked up the win with two scoreless innings of relief.
Trending In: Sports
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection