Martin, Landa help lead Dana baseball
June 19, 2002
Two Carson Country players helped the Dana (Nebraska) College baseball team to marked improvement during the 2002 season.
Carson High’s Craig Martin and Yerington’s Nate Landa were two of the standouts for Dana, an NAIA school that competes in the Great Plains Athletic Conference.
Martin was an all-conference honorable mention selection after hitting .309 with five home runs and 28 RBIs. Landa finished with a 7-6 mark in 18 starts.
Dana doubled its win total from 2001 to 2002. After finishing 13-41 in 2001, Dana finished at 26-35 in the 2002. Dana also finished fourth in conference play this past season with a 15-13 record.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature