Martin twins power Nevada past Hawaii 67-54
November 25, 2017
HONOLULU — Caleb Martin tossed in 22 points and snared six rebounds and twin brother Cody added 16 points, seven boards and three steals to power Nevada to a 67-54 victory over Hawaii on Friday night.
Jordan Caroline added 13 points for the unbeaten Wolf Pack (6-0), who closed out the victory on a 21-12 run over the final 8:54.
Sherriff Drammeh knocked down a jumper to pull the Rainbow Warriors (3-1) within 46-42 in the second half, but Lindsey Drew hit two 3-pointers and scored all eight of his points to help push the Wolf Pack's advantage to 55-47.
Brocke Stepteau came off the bench to score 10 for Hawaii. No other Warrior reached double figures. Jack Purchase had eight rebounds for Hawaii, but he missed all seven of his shots. Hawaii's bench kept it in the game, outscoring the Nevada bench 26-8.
Nevada made 22 of 50 shots (44 percent) from the floor, but shot just 18 of 29 (62.1 percent) at the free-throw line. Hawaii hit 20 of 52 shots (38.5 percent) and was a paltry 11 of 21 (52.4 percent) at the foul line.
Trending In: Sports
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’