Meyer MVP as Dayton boys win Sutro Classic
December 1, 2007
Hans Meyer was named the tournament most valuable player as the Dayton High boys basketball team won the title of its own Sutro Classic on Saturday, beating Wooster 49-38.
Tanner Wood and Ryan Ransdell were also named to the all-tournament team for Dayton while Jared Roberts and Jesse Fisher were named to the all-tournament team for Silver Stage. In the third place game, Fernley beat Silver Stage 70-53.
BISHOP GORMAN 55, GALENA 41
Galena (2-1) sustained its first loss of the year as Gorman gradually pulled away in the second half. The Grizzlies were hurt by the loss of Langley Iverson, who fouled out in the third quarter.
Galena trailed 32-26 at halftime. Hayley Jensen scored 14 points and Iverson added seven points for the Grizzlies.
CHS FRESHMEN GIRLS 57, FALLON 19
Recommended Stories For You
Eleven players scored for Carson, which rolled to the title at the Fallon Optimist Classic. Elizabeth Cagle, who had five assists, and Ashley Sareem, who had four assists, were both named to the all-tournament team. Lisa Yamamoto had eight rebounds and Ashley Elliott added five rebounds.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand