Mitchell commits in volleyball
November 7, 2008
Douglas High setter Megan Mitchell has verbally committed to play volleyball for Lees-McRae College, a Division III school in North Carolina.
Mitchell, who has also been nominated to be the Nevada Gatorade Player of the Year, will sign with Lees-McRae on Wednesday, the first day of the fall signing period. Mitchell will begin playing with Lees-McRae as a freshman in the fall of 2009.
Lees-McRae is a Division III power having won 10 straight Conference Carolinas titles and have made numerous NCAA Tournament appearances.
“Megan has a solid chance to walk in to the gym next fall and make an impact,” Lees-McRae coach Jamie Petrik said. “She will not only bring an excellent skill set with her but also the experience of playing for a championship team.
“We recruit strong players who understand college is not just about sports ” it is about academics. Megan is prepared for college, she know how to take care of the books and understands that volleyball is an added bonus to the overall college experience.”
Trending In: Sports
- Fallon Green Wave quashes seventh-inning rally to win Nevada 3A State Softball Championship
- Girls state track: Carson High’s Pradere wins again
- Carson High’s Pradere wins 1600, Sierra Lutheran dominates 1A at state track
- State track: Sierra Lutheran boys 2nd
- Fallon advances to the NIAA 3A softball championship